Join our friends at the Whisky Exchange Fitzrovia for a brand new tasting series highlighting independent whisky bottlers
- The Whisky Exchange Fitzrovia, 90-92 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7NT
Independent bottlers have always been a hugely important part of the whisky industry. Today there are dozens of great indie bottlers bringing us excellent whisky without distilling a drop, whether it’s a note-perfect example of your favourite dram, or a totally different spin on a favourite style.
Our discovery tastings continue with one of the newest kids on the block: North Star Spirits.
Founded in 2016, based in Glasgow and overseen by Iain Croucher – formerly sales manager and ambassador for hugely popular bottler A.D Rattray – North Star has already become a trustworthy source of excellent small batch and single cask single malts, as well as outstanding blends.
With standout releases from across Scotland under its belt already, North Star shows no signs of slowing down and remains a firm favourite with The Whisky Exchange team.
“North Star focuses its energies on the curiosities, peculiar oddities and obscurities – whisky as it comes, straight from the cask and into a bottle – nae funny business.”
– Iain Croucher, Founder & Director, North Star Spirits
Join us for the evening to taste a range of North Star bottlings and hear the company’s story first hand from brand ambassador Ciara Hepburn.
- Glenrothes 11 Year Old: Oloroso Butt (Celebrating 10 Years of Ralfy.com)
- Campbeltown Blended Malt 5 Year Old: Finished in PX
- Vega Blended Malt 22 Year Old: Oloroso Butt
- Sirius Blended Malt 31 Year Old. First-fill bourbon.
- Caol Ila 9 Year old: Finished in PX
- A mystery dram